Bethesda has taken to their blog to replace followers on the newest Fallout 76 update which can convey a ton of latest content material and fixes to the game.
The update is now obtainable for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC, so ensure that to obtain it earlier than you bounce again into the sport. The brand new replace comes with plenty of new options, however there was a handful of standout ones resembling the brand new Lying Lowe Questline, design and stability adjustments, and The Burrows — which is about to release April 16.
Take a look at the complete set of patch notes for Fallout 76 down under:
- Lying Lowe Questline: Separate reality from fiction as you investigate the mysterious disappearance of Calvin van Lowe.
- Design and Balance Changes: Distributors, Turrets, Glowing Mass, V.A.T.S. and more have acquired design and stability updates.
- Item Renaming: Add a personal touch to your Attire, Armor, Energy Armor, and Weapons by giving them customized names.
- Information Display: A splash display will now mechanically seem upon logging into Fallout 76 to inform you of the newest recreation news and bulletins.
- The Burrows (Coming April 16): Explore The Burrows, a brand new subterranean dungeon that gives a difficult expertise for even the hardest of Wasteland adventurers.
Obtain sizes for immediately’s patch might be approximately 6 GB for consoles and 2 GB for PC.
- PC: 220.127.116.11
- PS4: 1.1.2.four
- Xbox: 18.104.22.168
NEW WILD APPALACHIA CONTENT
NEW QUESTLINE – LYING LOWE
- The Lying Lowe questline is now out there! Begin your investigation into this mysterious case by discovering and studying one of many “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters in Lewisburg or at Practice Stations around Appalachia.
- “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters are also obtainable without spending a dime within the Atomic Shop until 9:00 a.m. EDT on Might 7. As soon as claimed, you possibly can place the poster in your C.A.M.P. and learn it to start out the search.
- Learn our current article on the Lying Lowe Questline to study more.
NEW DUNGEON – THE BURROWS (COMING APRIL 16)
- A new dungeon expertise will turn into out there one week following as we speak’s patch, on April 16.
- This difficult venture will take you beneath Harper’s Ferry as you comply with in the footsteps of the Brotherhood of Steel, who sent their forces underground for unknown causes.
- Even the heartiest of Appalachian adventurers may have problem exploring The Burrows alone. Assemble a squad and ensure your gear is up to snuff earlier than taking over this subterranean battleground.
DESIGN AND BALANCE
SURVIVAL MODE BETA
- Dying Mechanics: The amount of Help dropped on dying has been significantly lowered.
- Dying Mechanics: The variety of Caps lost when killed by one other player has been lowered from double to 25% of that character’s degree.
- For example, A degree 60 character who is killed in Survival will now lose 15 Caps, somewhat than 120. The killer in this case will earn 15 Caps.
- Scoreboards: Map highlights for the highest three ranked gamers at the moment are based mostly on the Players Killed Scoreboard quite than Longest Life.
- Momentary Invulnerability: In a current hotfix, we addressed a problem that would forestall the momentary invulnerability effect from being applied appropriately to players after Fast Traveling or Respawning.
VENDOR FACTION UPDATES
- A Vendor from each faction except the Enclave can now be found downstairs within the outlets at The Whitespring Resort.
- This could help scale back the necessity to Quick Journey so as to visit a number of Vendor Factions when buying and selling gadgets.
- The pool of 200 Caps that was previously allocated to each Vendor Faction has been merged into one combined pool of 1,400 Caps that’s shared throughout all Factions.
- Which means buying gadgets from, or selling gadgets to, a Vendor will replace the pool of obtainable Caps across all Vendor Factions.
- This variation should supply extra flexibility when shopping for and promoting higher-priced gadgets, or when trying to commerce many gadgets directly.
- The Vendor Cap pool nonetheless resets after 20 real-time hours.
TURRET ATTACK DAMAGE AND RANGE TUNING
- Participant-built Turrets at the moment are affected by player PvP injury rules, which function injury scaling, in addition to a rise in base injury for every type of Turrets, ranging from +15% to +100% injury depending the Turret.
- Moreover, Turret assault ranges have been elevated to match gamers’ weapon ranges.
- The Shotgun Turret’s projectile unfold has been decreased to raised match the Fight Shotgun.
- These modifications should assist Turrets in C.A.M.P.s and Workshops pose a much bigger and extra constant menace towards attackers.
ADDITIONAL DESIGN AND BALANCE UPDATES
- C.A.M.P.: The prospect to accumulate milk from a Brahmin spawned at a player’s C.A.M.P. has been decreased by half.
- Challenges: Eat Alcohol Challenges have had their necessities decreased from 50 and 25 drinks to 20 and 10.
- Challenges: Craft Alcohol Challenges have had their requirements lowered from 50 and 25 beverages to 20 and 10.
- (Added April 9) Crafting: Several craftable hats and outfits have had their crafting costs elevated and Cap values decreased.
- Dev Word: Beforehand, it was very straightforward to realize plenty of caps by crafting and promoting these things. We’ve made stability changes accordingly to stop them from being exploited, with out making them too troublesome to craft. This was missed during our preliminary patch notes creation course of.
- Meals: The speed at which Food spoils is now more consistent.
- Gadgets: Assets that glowing creatures drop as loot in nuke zones, reminiscent of Glowing Mass and Hardened Mass, at the moment are instanced for all gamers who deal injury to those creatures.
- Gadgets: Equipping Armor with Cryogenic or Incendiary Legendary Mods not causes the wearer to develop into hostile towards attacking players in Adventure Mode prior to returning hearth.
- V.A.T.S.: Not targets pleasant or impartial gamers or creatures.
NEW FEATURE – NEWS SCREEN
- Upon logging in, a brand new display will routinely display to notify you of the new Fallout 76 bulletins, Atomic Shop presents, patch notes, and the newest game-related news.
- The top of the news display will display 4 totally different gadgets. You’ll be able to cycle by way of them by urgent d-pad right and left on controllers, or by clicking on PC.
- A “More Info” choice will seem along the underside edge of the display when viewing some information gadgets. Choosing this will likely take you to a associated article on Fallout.com or into the Atomic Store.
- The news display could be dismissed by choosing the “Main Menu” choice to view the sport’s Important Menu.
- Once closed, the information display may be re-opened at any time from the Primary Menu by choosing the “News” choice that has been added to the bottom-center of the display.
NEW FEATURE – ITEM RENAMING
- Add a personal touch to a wide variety of items by giving them customized names.
- Gadgets that can be renamed embrace: Apparel, Armor, Weapons, Power Armor Chassis, and Energy Armor items you personal.
- Weapons that stack, like Throwing Knives or Grenades can’t be renamed.
- To rename an item, choose it in your Stock, Stash, or a Workbench, and select the “Inspect” choice. Then, select the “Rename” choice to enter and save a customized identify for that merchandise.
- Gadgets could be renamed as many occasions as you like.
- Select the “Clear Name” choice to restore an merchandise’s default identify.
- A customized identify will only appear to the participant who initially renamed that merchandise, and the merchandise will return to its default identify when traded, bought, or dropped.
ADDITIONAL USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- Item Task Icons: When seen within the Stash or switch menus, gadgets which were assigned to an object now show icons next to their names indicating where they’ve been assigned.
- Dev Notice: For the second, these icons will only appear on gadgets assigned to the Fermenter. In future updates, we plan to implement more of a majority of these icons for other new options, resembling player merchandising and show instances.
- Fermenter: Gadgets which have Condition will now display Situation bars next to their names when seen in the Fermenter.
- Map: Choosing a marker on the Map will now make it seen in entrance of some other overlapping Map icons, resembling teammate icons.
- Stash: The Stash container preview window has been removed, and the transfer menu have to be opened to view the contents of the Stash.
- Dev Observe: Such a preview window makes it quick and straightforward to loot a number of gadgets from containers you find, however it isn’t one of the simplest ways to cycle by means of your complete Stash. Additionally, removing this window from the Stash affords us a small efficiency improvement. Consequently, we’ve removed this window in favor of opening the complete transfer menu to view your Stash inventory.
- Voice: Eliminated help for Xbox Kinect as a microphone choice within the curiosity of general performance and optimization for the game.
ART AND GRAPHICS
- Animation: Characters now sip a refreshing beverage whereas toiling away on the Brewing Workbench.
- Graphics: Corpseflowers have acquired updated visual effects that may help them be extra noticeable at night time.
- Important Menu: Sound effects now play when highlighting the Journey and Survival options when choosing a mode after choosing “Play”.
- Survival Beta: Sound effects now play upon putting a Bounty on another player after being killed in the Survival Mode Beta.
- Survival Beta: Sound results now play upon receiving a Bounty from one other participant who has been killed in the Survival Mode Beta.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Common: Players will not encounter a black display after respawning at Harper’s Ferry while sporting Power Armor.
- Efficiency: Decreased shopper hitching that would happen around creatures and different players.
- Performance: Improved server efficiency when shifting by means of an area with many containers; e.g. the Scorched Beast Queen battle.
- Performance: Addressed situation that may affect performance when searching the Atomic Shop.
- Efficiency: The Atomic Shop’s initial loading time has been improved, tremendously decreasing the delay earlier than a player can enter the Atomic Store.
- Efficiency: Made optimization enhancements in the course of the character save course of.
- Stability: Fastened a problem that would trigger the game shopper to turn out to be unresponsive after Fast Touring or Respawning.
- Stability: Addressed a crash that would occur when one other player claimed a Workshop.
- Stability: Addressed a problem that would cause the shopper to crash after dying and respawning a number of occasions while sporting Power Armor
ART AND GRAPHICS
- Animation: Fastened a number of animation issues affecting numerous Emotes.
- Animation: Fastened a visual situation that would trigger Energy Armor items to briefly disappear when exiting a Energy Armor Station.
- Animation: Made adjustments to reload animations for several weapons, together with the Brief Lever Action Rifle, Handmade Gun, and Fight Rifle.
- Animation: Fastened a problem that would trigger Power Fist animations to stop enjoying in sure conditions.
- Animation: Dying simply after getting into furniture not causes these animations to proceed to play after dying.
- Animation: A bottle will not appear to drift close to the player while utilizing the Brewing Workbench.
- Surroundings: Fastened collision issues within the tower of the Church in the Mire.
- Surroundings: Rain not appears to fall inside buildings and buildings when shifting the digital camera back and forth.
- Graphics: Switching from a Energy Armor helmet to another sort of helmet not causes the character’s hair to vanish.
- Graphics: The Salvaged Assaultron Head’s visible results that display when the weapon is charged at the moment are appropriately visible to other players.
- Gadgets: The again aspect of the Vault-Tec Leather-based Chest now appropriately appears when viewing the merchandise in the Examine menu.
- Gadgets: The Pipe Bolt-Action Pistol ammo not appears to clip by way of the back of the gun in third individual view.
- World: Exiting a Workbench whereas in third individual view not causes the sport digital camera to all the time face true north.
- World: Consuming Nukashine and blacking out while using furniture not leads to digital camera issues.
C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
- Blueprints: When trying to put a Blueprint that incorporates a locked object, resembling a locked door, the material prices to put the locked merchandise will now appear appropriately.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that would permit gamers to realize a free C.A.M.P. placement.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that would permit drinks to be duplicated.
- Crafting: In Modify mode, the “Variant” choice not incorrectly appears after choosing an object that has variants.
- Crafting: Fastened a problem by which several C.A.M.P. objects might seem placeable even if the participant lacked the supplies required to build them.
- Crafting: When trying to switch an present mod on an merchandise with a brand new mod, gamers will now receive a notification informing them that the at present outfitted mod will probably be destroyed.
- Crafting: Fastened a problem the place unlearned objects have been missing icons and preview photographs in the construct menu.
- Crafting: Vault-Tec Mattress variants 1 and 2 now appropriately appear in the crafting menu after the player learns the associated plans.
- Crafting: Addressed an inconsistency in how object prices and quantities have been displayed when using the “Repair All” choice.
- Fermenter: Beverages assigned to a Fermenter not proceed to ferment if the Fermenter is destroyed.
- Fermenter: The Fermenter menu will now close if the Fermenter is destroyed whereas the menu is open.
- Fermenter: Fastened a problem that may trigger the Fermenter Tutorial to repeatedly seem.
- Fermenter: Fastened a problem where gadgets from Fermenter can be misplaced if C.A.M.P. could not be placed.
- Neon Letters: Fastened a number of points affecting placement of Neon Letters, Numbers, and Symbols.
- Pylons: Gamers can not bypass a keypad that has been related to a Energy Pylon when trying to toggle the facility to that Pylon.
- Workbenches: The Vault-Tec Weapons Workbench not modifications positions after its owner Fast Travels.
- Workbenches: Fastened a problem by which the Power Armor Station menu might persist on-screen if the station was destroyed while in-use.
- Workshop: Fastened a problem by which Workshop defense occasion quests could possibly be marked as complete earlier than all enemies have been killed.
- Workshop: If the present Workshop owner disconnects whereas another participant is contesting possession, the contesting player will routinely be selected as the brand new proprietor.
- Every day: Sporting a Sun Hat when taking a picture now appropriately progresses the “Take a Picture While Wearing a Hat” Challenge.
- Every day: Sporting a Sun Hat when accumulating Caps now appropriately progresses the “Collect Caps While Wearing a Hat” Challenge.
- Every day: The “Craft Alcohol While Intoxicated and Wearing a Beer Hat” can now be properly completed whereas beneath the consequences of Chems.
- Combat: Using a Railway Rifle to kill a Robot now appropriately progresses the “Kill a Robot with a Rifle” Challenge.
- Fight: Using a Flare Gun to kill a Robot now appropriately progresses the “Kill a Robot with a Pistol” Problem.
- Social: On consoles, the “Make a Friend” Problem now appropriately completes after successfully including a good friend.
- Weekly: The “Kill a Megasloth” subchallenge for the “Kill Different Kinds of Tough Enemies” Weekly Challenge now appropriately completes upon killing a Megasloth.
- Encounters: Fastened a wilderness encounter through which two enemy varieties wouldn’t struggle one another as expected. One of many enemies was changed by Bees and will now appropriately struggle with Ghouls.
- Insult Bot: The Insult Bot will now insult you.
- Ranged Enemies: Fastened a problem where certain Creatures were not utilizing their Dash movement conduct whereas inside max assault vary.
- Dev Word: Some melee-focused creatures have been incorrectly using maximum assault vary (as an alternative of “desired” range) when deciding whether to Dash in the direction of their target. Affected creatures will now Dash rather more typically, making them quicker general and higher at partaking with melee combat. (ex. Angler, HoneyBeast, Snallygaster)
- Respawn: Giant enemies not spawn in incompatible places.
- Ammo: Fastened a problem that would forestall Ammo from being routinely outfitted if it was dropped and then picked up again.
- Exploits: Addressed an exploit that would end in infinite ammo for the Gatling Laser and Gatling Plasma.
- Meals: Buffs and different effects applied after consuming food, resembling Radstag Meat or Appalachian Chili, now persist throughout play periods if the participant logs out before the timers for these effects expire.
- Weapons: Holiday Emotes now work appropriately when weapons are outfitted.
- Weapons: The Railway Rifle now appropriately benefits from rifle-related Perks.
- Weapons: The Salvaged Assaultron Head not fires all Fusion Cells in a player’s stock on the first shot.
- Weapons: Charged weapons, such because the Salvaged Assaultron Head, now appropriately deal increased injury in proportion to the number of occasions they have been charged.
- Weapons: Trying to fireside the Salvaged Assaultron Head whereas it’s charging will not trigger the player to take radiation injury, as if it had been efficiently fired.
QUESTS AND EVENTS
- All the time Vigilant: Upon finishing the search, merchandise rewards will not appear earlier than the search completion fanfare.
- Black Mountain Ordnance Works: Fastened a problem that prevented players from choosing up the TNT Dome Key 7 at Overlook Cabin if one other participant had already collected it.
- Census Violence: This event not sometimes spawns critters as an alternative of enemy creatures.
- Coming to Fruition: Turrets not respawn within the armory courtyard if that they had previously been destroyed.
- Exploits: Addressed an exploit that would permit players to repeatedly achieve XP through the Key to the Past quest.
- Irrational Worry: The event timer not momentarily disappears from the search tracker.
- Supply Drops: Nearby gamers not receive the Miscellaneous Objective instructing them to seek out another participant’s Government Supply Drop.
- Swarm of Suitors: Fastened several issues that would forestall players from progressing the Swarm of Suitors Event.
- Wasted on Nukashine: Fastened a problem that would trigger the Nukashine Supply Room password to lose its status as a quest item if the participant turned disconnected.
- Animal Good friend, Wasteland Whisperer: Pacified creatures not assault C.A.M.P. objects like Turbines or Artillery.
- Animal Good friend, Wasteland Whisperer: Pacified creatures not grow to be aggressive if the player has the Plague Walker Mutation.
- Cap Collector: Addressed a problem that would forestall the “Search” choice from being displayed while viewing Cap containers.
- Escape Artist: Gaining invisibility from the Chameleon Mutation whereas already invisible from the Escape Artist Perk, or vice versa, not leads to permanent invisibility.
- Shared Perks: Not mechanically turn into unshared if the sharing player’s Charisma stat is modified.
- Alpine Horn: Elevated the quantity of the Alpine Horn’s sound effects when activated.
- C.A.M.P. Objects: The Waving Santa statue now appropriately performs its merry jingle whereas powered on.
- Needed: The Needed notification sound effect not plays each time a Needed player closes their Pip-Boy or Map.
- Workbenches: Fastened a problem affecting the ratchet sound effects that play while at a Tinker’s Workbench.
- Challenges: Fastened a problem that would cause notification text to seem truncated when making progress towards a tracked challenge.
- Challenges: The notification text and animated Atom icon that show upon completing a Challenge not overlap.
- Challenges: A number of Every day and Weekly Challenges have had their titles shortened to enhance consistency in the Problem Menu.
- Compass: Whereas sporting Power Armor, Map and Quest markers not seem misaligned from their actual places within the Compass.
- Challenges: Fastened a problem that would cause the Atom and Perk Card Pack reward symbols to seem misaligned in the Challenges Menu.
- Favorites: When Favoriting a number of weapons of the identical sort, the radial favorites wheel now appropriately saves players’ choices throughout play periods.
- Hotkeys: On PC, the “Toggle Unlockables” button that seems whereas utilizing Workbenches is now appropriately sure to the “V” key.
- Localization: Prolonged Sub Challenge titles not prolong beyond the sides of the display when viewing the Challenges Menu while utilizing a Spanish recreation shopper.
- Primary Menu: Corrected a minor texture difficulty within the Wild Appalachia Fundamental Menu video.
- Primary Menu: Hovering over the Atomic Shop while it’s still loading not causes a gray highlight to persist.
- Map: Player icons not appear on the Map for characters inside Vault 76 who haven’t yet completed character creation.
- Map: Hunter/Hunted assassination target quest markers not appear offset from the target’s precise location when viewing the Map.
- Player Reporting: The confirmation message after reporting one other player now includes a URL directing them to the Customer Help web site.
- Energy Armor: When replacing a Power Armor mod that’s required by another mod to work, such because the Mothman Power Armor Paint and Headlamp, a message will now seem, stating “This will destroy the currently equipped mod and any mods that require it.”
- Quick Swap: Unequipping Attire or Throwing Weapons and then utilizing the Weapon Quick Swap button not causes the participant to modify to their fists.
- Respawn: Fastened a problem that would forestall gamers from receiving the “Retrieve your dropped loot” goal upon respawning after dropping Junk.
- Shop: Corrected a problem that would cause low cost amounts displayed within the Atomic Shop to round down.
- Store: On PC, solely the “Enter” key can be utilized to verify a purchase order within the Atomic Store.
- Shop: Unlocking an Atomic Shop item by way of the Change Look menu now instantly equips that merchandise.
- Survival Beta: Fastened a problem that would forestall a participant from receiving kill credit score within the Players Killed Scoreboard after downing one other player who is then killed by another person.
- Survival Beta: The Needed players and the current prime three gamers in the Scoreboards now appear when viewing the Map while respawning.
- Survival Beta: Fastened a problem that would permit gamers to Quick Journey to a paper bag dropped by a teammate on dying.
- Survival Beta: When putting a Bounty on one other player the Cap quantity displayed now more accurately matches the slider’s position.
- Survival Beta: If a player only owns the minimal variety of Caps required to put a Bounty on their killer, the slider’s place will now extra accurately match that Bounty amount.
- Commerce: Upon inviting another player to trade, a new notification will now seem stating “Waiting for [Player Name]’s response” until that participant responds to the invite.
- Voice: Relaunching the sport on Xbox One after the shopper closed unexpectedly not sometimes causes Voice Chat to cease working.
- Workbenches: Merchandise categories not seem in Workbench menus if no gadgets in that category are available.
Fallout 76 is now obtainable to download for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.